This article contains spoilers for the ending of the Gotoubun no Hanayome manga. Reader discretion is advised.
A popular comment forum compiled a series of opinions about the new feature film of the franchise of Gotoubun no Hanayome (The quintessential quintuplets), revealing that there was no change on the winning girl of the story (i.e. Yotsuba Nakano), but about the previous story towards the conclusion of the final arc.
- «Chapter 91 was not adapted, and chapters 93, 94 and 95. The rest are present, making Yotsuba the winner». These chapters refer to the arc where Ichika Nakano thinks about leaving school to focus on her artistic career, which involves an arc with Fuutarou.
- «In the case of the other sisters, there was no change in their timelines or anything like that, they just got carried away with the story.».
- «The ending of the movie was 100 times better than what was attempted in the original manga, so even if you’re not a fan of Yotsuba, you should watch it. The acting of the sisters and Fuutarou is outstanding».
- «Most of the events leading up to Yotsuba’s victory within the film were original content added.».
- «The movie was much better than I thought it would be. Almost cry».
- «Small fixes made with original content (ani-ori) are great. Was it like they fixed the original content? I cried a lot with the confession scene, it’s very well directed».
- The popular Twitter user “(@zerods_)” also commented on this: «The Gotoubun no Hanayome movie ends like the manga. There is no original ending. If anyone asks… The movie skipped some chapters from the manga. Some original scenes were added. Now, it’s more convincing why Fuutarou chooses Yotsuba».
Negi Haruba published the manga in the magazine Weekly Shonen Magazine from the publisher Kodansha between August 2017 and February 2020, with a total of fourteen compilation volumes. The play inspired a twelve-episode anime adaptation produced by studios. Tezuka Productionsunder the direction of kuwabara satoshi and premiered in January 2019. A second season of twelve episodes was produced by Bibury Animation Studios and premiered in January 2021.
It should be remembered that the video game for smartphones The quintessential quintuplets: The quintuplets can’t divide the puzzle into five equal parts is available in the catalog QooApplication in this link.
Synopsis for Gotoubun no Hanayome
Fuutarou Uesugi is an excellent high school student, but he leads a difficult life. His aloof personality and lonely nature have left him friendless, and his father is in debt, forcing his family to struggle to survive. One day during lunch break, Uesugi argues with a transfer student who has claimed “her seat” from her, causing them both to dislike each other. That same day, he is presented with a golden opportunity to pay off his family’s debt: a private tutoring job for the daughter of a wealthy family, with a salary five times the market price. He accepts the proposal, but is horrified to discover that the client, Itsuki Nakano, is the girl he’s confronted earlier!
After unsuccessfully trying to get Itsuki’s approval, Uesugi discovers that his problems don’t end there: Itsuki is actually a quintuplet, so in addition to her, he must also be tutor to her sisters: Miku, Yotsuba, Nino, and Ichika. “That, despite the very real threat of failing, they want nothing to do with a tutor. However, his family’s livelihood is at stake, so Uesugi goes ahead, steadfast in his determination to rid the sisters of their hatred for studying and lead them successfully to graduation.
© Negi Haruba / Kodansha / “The Quintessential Bride ∬” Production Committee